Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My first "Call in" Redfox!




This Redfox was called in on Saturday morning as i was sitting in a tree stand some 800 meters from the city dump, a perfect spot as all the garbage attracts rats and birds that the foxes prey on.

When glassing i spotted a fox about 400 meters from were i was sitting and as i started calling it cautiously started coming to me, but after 200 meters it suddenly stopped and looked to the right towards the dump. As i took down the binocular and turned there was another fox coming straight at me almost running from the dump in a snowmobile track it came in on about 70 meters and i took it down with one shot. I did see six foxes that morning but only got a shot at two and missed one of them, but as it is my first time to "call in" im satisfied with the result and the season is just in its beginning.