Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A "Freezer Pleaser" finally!

I went out Sunday before newyear to call some Fox, i set up in one of the stands i usually spot fox in the mornings the fact that i were out on the evening didn´t bother me. So i climb the stand and i use to sit quiet for 10-15 min before starting to call, after 5 minutes i heard the ice break in the waterfilled ditch behind me.
First i thought it was breaking because the water level under the ice were dropping, but it got really loud so i turned around and there she was, it was a lone female Roedeer who had crossed the ditch to feed in the field in front of me. I watched her for a few minutes as she walked around eating and listening to firecrackers from the near city, i ranged her at 72,5 yards with the laser and when she broadsided me i took the shot and she dropped right on the spot.